Lucas SAE 70 Plus Racing Oil (5Qt / 4.73L)
At the top of the Lucas PLUS Racing Oil viscosity ladder is 70 PLUS with a more robust ZINC package measuring over 5,000 rpm for those radical applications where fuel dilution is an issue. Raw fuel, especially methanol, acts like a solvent that dilutes anti-wear additives. Reduced engine wear makes engine builders look like heroes.
Typical use : NHRA Top Alcohol, Top Fuel. Tractor Pulling
The "PLUS" is for the extra additives above and beyond the normal additive package found in ordinary racing oils. This true high performance lubricant was especially developed to protect top fuel engines. This was tested extensively on the 1996 NHRA circuit and every crew who used it claimed it to the "BEST". PLUS resists fuel dilution like no other oil possibly can. It allows you to maintain oil pressure from one end of the track to the other. If you're into "NITRO" you definitely need to be into LUCAS PLUS Racing Oils.
- Has extra additives over and above regular racing oils
- Resists breakdown from racing fuel contamination
- Resists oxidation and thinning out at high crank-case temperatures
- Contains a high level of detergents and dispersants
- Resist sludge and varnish formations